Marketing solutions lead to 33% increase in eye care provider's average retail sales
Generated over 2,500 purchases from new customers in the first six months.
3.9X ROI on marketing spend.
33% increase in average retail sales.
Henry Ford OptimEyes (HFOE) is part of the Henry Ford Health System. Its team of highly skilled doctors and healthcare professionals provides a full spectrum of quality eye care. The corporation reached out to our team to help drive new patients and purchases at its 19 health and retail centers in Michigan.
Our approach was to implement a data-driven strategic planning process to create a six-month test-and-learn program that would produce results in the first month. We analyzed HFOE’s existing patient database to better understand commonalities among patients at all locations. We also identified demographic characteristics for each location and visualized the trading area for each location. This in-depth analysis guided our team to:
- Build profiles of the typical patient for each store based on ethnicity, median age and household income.
- Target new mover audiences based on the profiles each month.
- Incorporate two larger look-a-like audience direct mail efforts over the six-month period.
- Establish precise trading areas for each eye care center to avoid duplications and make tracking responses more exact.
- Develop retail-focused and healthcare-focused marketing approaches.
- Identify drop quantities based on income generated by each location.
- Lay the foundation for data-driven decision-making and performance tracking and reporting across the organization
- Create a results dashboard to visualize key areas of performance that add to our understanding of customer behaviors.
Our Authentic Marketing approach generated these transformative and sustainable results:
- Generated more than 2,500 purchases from new customers in the first six months.
- Purchases offered a 3.9X ROI on marketing spend and a 33% increase in average ticket.